Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Joe Kennedy and Sean Bielat on how to deal with Iran

Here's a video from Massachusetts 4 (the Congressional District where I was born) which deserves more exposure.

You will recall that Republican Sean Bielat nearly defeated Democratic Barney Frank in 2010. As a result, Frank retired and Bielat now finds himself running against Joe Kennedy, whose qualifications for office are... his least name... and the fact that he thinks the capital of Israel is... Tel Aviv.

Here's how Bielat and Kennedy responded to a question about how to deal with Iran in a recent debate.

Let's go to the videotape.



As you all know, I was in that district briefly last week (I had planned to stay longer but cut my trip short to return home and sit shiva). The district is heavily Jewish. So of course, most of the signs I saw on people's lawns were for Fauxahontas (Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren, who has been lying for years about having Indian heritage) and for Joe Kennedy.

Jews don't get it, do we?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Robert J. said...

I lived in that district when I was a kid, too. I'm not Jewish, but nearly everyone in my elementary school was.

> Jews don't get it, do we?

With respect to this area of politics, no, I'm afraid not.

In a way, it strikes me as a bit like the situation with the Boston Irish. There's a tribal heritage connecting them with the Democratic Party, and that tribal association trumps rational thought.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Sean Beilat was on Coffee and Markets podcast today. Audio at this link:

http://coffeeandmarkets.com/2012/10/30/sean-bielat-on-his-race-for-congress/

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Sunlight said...

At the end, this Joseph Kennedy basically "quoted" PM Netanyahu to undercut Sean Beilat's call for a united front between the U.S. and Israel to face down Iran. I actually don't recall PM Netanyahu's message to Israel supporters out here being that there's no hurry. No need to do what Sean says... By chance has PM Netanyahu made a statement in response to being used to promote another Democrat Kennedy, with inaccuracies? He doesn't have to get involved, but I would really really like to hear Israel's leaders at least say that they want all these Democrats and their ads to leave Israel out of it. Sean doesn't try to say that Israel agrees with him or use PM Netanyahu's name to support himself...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google